Colorado Tech Weekly brings you the top 10 technology stories of the past week and the best upcoming local tech events every Monday morning!
I’m loving that it’s so easy to find 10 interesting stories about the Colorado tech industry, but I miss sharing the national news I read every week. I think it may be time to consider tweaking the design to this newsletter. A huge congratulations by the way to the Gnip team on their acquisition by Twitter! That is some awesome news!
Top Colorado Technology News
- Colorado Springs-based Sanborn Map Company releases SPIN for faster, more accurate indoor mapping and inventorying [InnovatioNews]
- Twitter acquires Boulder-based social data provider Gnip [TechKnowBytes]
- Denver Mini Maker Faire spotlights tinkerers, inventors May 3-4 at National Western Complex [InnovatioNews]
- Boulder’s Orbotix launches SPRK, company’s first robotics-based education program for kids, teachers [InnovatioNews]
- Boulder and Denver firms raise $112M from VCs during first quarter [Xconomy]
- Monthly Startup Report: Big Moves, Launches, Hires, Oh My! [BuiltinColorado]
- 3 companies turning Colorado from an ‘e-commerce desert’ into an e-commerce empire [BuiltinColorado]
- Will Boulder-based JumpCloud help usher In the ‘DevOps’ era of IT transformation? [BuiltinColorado]
- Signpost founder & Mayor Hancock celebrate tech growth in Denver [BuiltinColorado]
- The CTA Advocacy Update fills you in on legislation that affects Colorado’s tech industry [CTA]
- 4/23 – Boulder/Denver Big Data – Introduction to Spark
- 4/23 – CTA – Roadmap to Desktop Transformation
- 4/24 – GopherCon
- 4/24 – Galvanize Boulder – Galvanize HH @ The Kitchen Next Door (RSVP)
- 4/24 – Front Range Open Hardware Symposium
- 4/24 – RMIMA – RMIMA with Regis University: Technology Leadership Conference
- 4/29 – CTA – Gov-in-tech Forum
Thank you for reading!
If you know of any other good news stories or sources about tech in Colorado, please let me know! Also if you attend any of the events listed, I would love to hear from you!