Colorado Tech Weekly brings you the top 10 technology stories of the past week and the best upcoming local tech events every Monday morning!
There are 52 weeks in a year. This is my 52nd CTW post, so it makes sense that I’ve been at this for a year straight! But when I look back, CTW #1 was posted on June 16, 2013 so I’m feeling a bit off. I’ll dance to a year of consistency anyway because I can!
June must be a good time to start covering technology and innovation in Colorado. Congrats to one of my favorite news sources, InnovatioNews, on their 2 year anniversary! I hope I’m always a year behind you.
Top Colorado Technology News
- Westminster-based Datalogix Closes $45M Round, Reportedly Considering IPO This Year [CTA]
- HappyGov, MoveMyMusic Take Top Prizes at Hack4Colorado Competition [Xconomy]
- Boulder’s ColdQuanta taps quantum physics to carve Nobel-winning niche in supercomputing industry [InnovatioNews]
- Colorado accepting Advanced Industries Accelerator Programs grant applications [COIN]
- Denver-based Galvanize raises $13M, looking for more amid major expansion push [Xconomy]
- Westminster’s TermScout breaks into commercial real estate market with $635,000 seed round [BuiltinColorado]
- 3 young Front Range tech companies to keep tabs on [BuiltinColorado]
- Broomfield-based Level 3’s TV pact for a Brazilian event is a big deal (but just don’t call it the World Cup) [DBJ]
- Boulder startup, SnowGate, takes home $20,000 in Miller Lite business competition (Slideshow) [DBJ]
- ViaWest opens its latest Denver-area data center [DBJ]
- 6/11 – DJUG – MEAN Stack with Scott Davis
- 6/11 – CTA – 101 Luncheon
- 6/12 – Fortrust – HACKED! A Denver IT Security Partners Event
- 6/13 – CTA – Women in Technology Conference
- 6/16 – SeedPaths – Software Development Bootcamp Launch!
- 6/17 – Digital Summit – Digital Summit Denver
- 6/17 – Innovation Pavilion – Catalyzing Innovation with Phil McKinney, CEO of CableLabs
- 6/17 – BDA – BDA/Denver FREE Grand Opening Party!
Thank you for reading!
If you know of any other good news stories or sources about tech in Colorado, please let me know! Also if you attend any of the events listed, I would love to hear from you!