Colorado Tech Weekly brings you the top 10 technology stories of the past week and the best upcoming local tech events every Monday morning!
Hey! There’s tech in my startups!
I’ve come to the conclusion there is no way to pay attention to Colorado tech news without diving in deep to the Colorado startup news. They’re completely intertwined. Last week was Denver Startup Week, this coming weekend is Western Colorado Startup Weekend and the amount of technology-centric businesses involved with these events is amazing. They are great ways to find out what is going on in the Colorado tech community.
Top Colorado Technology News
- ULA notches 100th straight successful space launch [DBJ]
- SendGrid listed as one of the most popular APIs used at hackathons [ProgrammableWeb]
- Denver-based Ibotta announces $40M in new funding, a big new office and tons of hiring [BuiltinColorado]
- Denver’s fast-growing tech startups cautiously optimistic [DenverPost]
- 10,000 people registered for Denver Startup Week Events [CTA]
- Denver-based Active Junky acquired by New York-based Purch [InnovatioNews]
- Englewood’s Evolving Systems acquires Sixth Sense Media for $10M [InnovatioNews]
- Qualcomm laying off 158 in Boulder [BizWest]
- Signpost, FareHarbor, ZenPayroll talk growth at Denver Startup Week [Xconomy]
- Denver Startup (end of the) Week winner roundup & resources [Tech+]
- 10/7 – CTA – Ad Tech Industry Briefing
- 10/7 – Denver WordPress – The Developer Session
- 10/7 – NodeJS Denver/Boulder – Happy Hour
- 10/9 – Learn to Code Colorado – Workshop 1: Intro to HTML/CSS & Git
- 10/9-10/11 – Western Colorado Startup Weekend
- 10/10 – Colorado Springs Mini Maker Faire 2015
- 10/10 – HackCU – Local Hack Day
- 10/10 – RefactorU – Take Command of Command Line
- 10/13 – SheSays Boulder – BEAUTIFUL DATA: The Art & Power of Information Design
Thank you for reading!
If you know of any other good news stories or sources about tech in Colorado, please let me know!
Does your Colorado tech company have a blog or newsletter? Am I already subscribed to it? If you answered “yes” then “no”, send me your info! I want to hear about what you’re doing!