Colorado Tech Weekly brings you the top 10 technology stories of the past week and the best upcoming local tech events every Monday morning!
Two themes for you this week. The Colorado tech community keeps getting bigger and better with big companies moving into the state and with local companies growing their presence. Growth is what we do here.
The two things i highlighted this week have to do with database administration and game development. Those are two specialties that I don’t think get enough credit for how hard their work is. Most web development is done with an ORM (Object Relational Mapper) that tries to obfuscate all the database stuff. I just started using Entity Framework Core and it’s theory seems to be “Seriously, don’t worry about the database. I got this. You go do your thing” which is nice but doesn’t always work. Also game development is really hard so give them kudos too.
Have a great week!
Top Colorado Technology News
- Google shows off new Boulder campus, funds K-12 computer science program (Photos) [DBJ]
- Woodward provides info on adding jobs in Fort Collins [BizWest]
- Global tech company Levels Beyond trades longtime RiNo location for downtown Denver office space [ReachEngine]
- Westminster-based DigitalGlobe expands agreements with two major commercial tech customers [InnovatioNews]
- Denver’s Ping Identity takes gold cybersecurity award [InnovatioNews]
- Pandora sweeps into dedicated Denver office space [BusinessDen]
- Denver-based boojers participate in the 2017 Furry Scurry [Booj]
- Scene and Cut. A wrap up of Rocky Mountain Oracle User Group Training Days 2018 [DBAKevlar]
- Rockin’ the ‘burbs: Meet 5 Colorado tech companies that call Castle Rock home [BuiltinColorado]
- CTOs to know: Meet 4 Colorado tech leaders driving innovation in their industries [BuiltinColorado]
Top Upcoming Events
- 2/28 – coloradoSprings.js – Delivering Reliable API’s with Postman
- 2/28 – Fort Collins Coders – Mega Software Meetup Happy Hour
- 2/28 – Rocky Mountain Angular – Introduction to RxJS
- 2/28 – Women in Robotics – Misty Robotics Social!
- 2/28 – Zunesis – Securing the Edge and the World of IoT
- 3/1 – Colorado Virtual Reality – COVR + MadisonXR Crossover. All VR multiplayer. All the time. All right.
- 3/1 – Denver Code Club – Cracking Blockchain Basics with Hyperledger
- 3/1 – Turing School – Demo Night: Student Projects
- 3/3 – CIGDA – IGDA-Denver Social
- 3/6 – Denver Open Source Users Group – Michael Carducci: Software Engineer, Magician, NFJS Speaker
Thank you for reading!
If you know of any other good news stories or sources about tech in Colorado or if you have any news stories or opinions of your own about Colorado tech, email me at COTechWeekly@Gmail.com.