Colorado Tech Weekly brings you the top 10 technology stories of the past week and the best upcoming local tech events every Monday morning!
One of the things I enjoy about doing this blog series is placing news about big, well-known companies like Amazon, Google and Level3 next to new or less well-known companies like Conga, Redeam and Automox. It’s important to me to point out that you don’t need to be big or well-known to make Colorado tech better and bigger. You just have to do cool things and tell people about it. That’s it!
Speaking of cool things, I’m done with schoolwork! No more. Nada! Done! Fin! No mas! I don’t graduate until May but all I have left to do for school is wait for the ceremony so I can wear the cap and gown. Woohoo!
Have a great week!
Top Colorado Technology News
- PHOTOS: Google’s new Boulder campus shows off the perks of working for a tech giant [BuiltinColorado]
- Broomfield’s Conga to acquire Octiv to speed intelligent document automation [InnovatioNews]
- Boulder-based tech company, Redeam, closes $7.7M round [BizWest]
- Boulder’s Automox receives $2M investment to speed platform development [InnovatioNews]
- Amazon’s HQ2 team tours Denver metro area, rides RTD A line and talks diversity [DenverPost]
- Broomfield-based Level 3’s Jeff Storey to start CenturyLink CEO job eight months earlier than expected [DenverPost]
- Colorado Tech Association chief leaving for new job; here’s where she’s headed next [DBJ]
- Introducing the Broomfield-based SpotX Developer Blog [SpotX]
- Sprint hits Colorado’s WOW! with patent lawsuit; company delays earnings release [DBJ]
- So long, status quo: How 6 Colorado companies drive diversity in tech [BuiltinColorado]
Top Upcoming Events
- 3/14 – Denver Java Users Group – Fernand Galiana: GraphQLus For The RestOfUs…
- 3/15 – Built In Colorado – Built In Brews at Zoom
- 3/15 – Colorado Data Science – Machine Learning Approaches for Tracking and Multi-Sensor Analytics
- 3/15 – CTA – C-Level @ A Mile High
- 3/15 – Learn To Code Boulder – Intro to SQL and Querying Data
- 3/15 – New Tech Colorado – NewTech Denver
- 3/20 – LadyCoders – Personal Branding: How to Get Out of Your Own Way & Brand Yourself for a Pivot
- 3/20 – Mile High United Way – Tech Talk with Mile High United Way
- 3/20 – React Denver – Modularizing A11y and React-Native w/ Expo & Snack
- 3/20 – TechrIoT – A Quarterly Special Event Series: The Future of Space
Thank you for reading!
If you know of any other good news stories or sources about tech in Colorado or if you have any news stories or opinions of your own about Colorado tech, email me at COTechWeekly@Gmail.com.