Colorado Tech Weekly brings you the top 10 technology stories of the past week and the best upcoming local events every Monday morning!
It’s the first Monday of the new year, which means it’s back-to-work time. With Christmas and New Years Day being in the middle of the week, I can understand if you’re finding it hard to focus.
Looking at the headlines this week, it’s impossible for me to come up with a theme for the week. Colorado has a little bit of everything going on. It’s fun to be a part of.
My classes at Regis start back up today. This semester I’m taking Control Structures and a class on Influence and Motivation. Maybe I can figure out how to influence my code to do what I mean and not just what I say.
- Andy Vuong previews CES 2014 and features participating Colorado companies [AllOverTech]
- Denver-based Rivet brings in an old friend for new CTO [RMTechLine]
- If I could cut the cord I would. Dish and DirecTV to raise rates in February, Comcast hiked fees in October [TechKnowBytes]
- If you didn’t think the new marijuana laws would have a tech spin, you must be high – MassRoots building digital hub for multi-billion cannabis industry [Xconomy]
- Innovation Pavilion, in Centennial, celebrates their 2nd Anniversary! [BuiltinColorado]
- Aw, this would have been so cool – Colorado fails to land drone test-site designation [DBJ]
- Here’s What Mobile Industry Insiders See Ahead for 2014. Could my Amazon prediction come true? [Xconomy]
- A Microsoft OS that isn’t Windows piques my curiousity to no end – Microsoft’s Midori: The M# connection [ZDNet]
- CES 2014 starts tomorrow: 5 trends the geeks are talking about at gadget show and other news bits [TechKnowBytes]
- 1/8 – Refresh Denver – Speaker: Anthony Navarre, Developer at Thoughtbot
- 1/9 – RMIMA – Wiki Management
- 1/9 – Innovation Pavilion – 2nd Anniversary
- 1/9 – Denver Hack Nite! – Denver Hack Nite!
- 1/11-1/12 – GDI Boulder – Introduction to HTML & CSS
- 1/13 – DDD Denver – DDD (Domain-Driven Design) Meetup
- 1/14-1/15 – Secure Ideas – Secure Coding for Developers
- 1/14 – Code HQ – Sass Hack Denver
- 1/14 – Denver.rb – January Meeting
- 1/14 – Colorado Code for Communities – Civic Hack Night
- 1/14 – BDNT – New Tech Fort Collins
- 1/14 – Data Science & Business Analytics – Adding Predictive Analytics to BI Team & Random Forest & Decision Trees using R
Thank you for reading!
If you know of any other good news stories or sources about tech in Colorado, please let me know! Also if you attend any of the events listed, I would love to hear from you!