Are you ready for the end of Google Reader on July 1? How much data can you fit on a DVD? How do you abbreviate “petabyte”? Will Microsoft keep it’s most controversial XBox One “features”?
One of the reasons I started this series was to keep track of good companies so that when I have the skills I need, I know where I want to use them. One of the best way to find good companies is by looking for industry and business awards. This week I’ve learned about a few companies thanks to these awards.
- Congratulations to North High School student, Juan Vargas, for getting his KidsTek Summer Internship! [KidsTek]
- Check out some of the fastest growing companies in Colorado. [Colorado Companies to Watch]
- Dish Networks misses out on Sprint and Clearwire. What next? [Techknowbytes]
- EAGLE-Net has good intentions to provide broadband to Colorado school districts, but is it working? [Techknowbytes]
- Congratulations to Ajubeo Co-founder Tom Whitcomb for winning CIO of the year [CTA]
- Congratulations to Mike Shehan and Steve Swoboda of SpotXchange for winning the Ernst & Young Technology Services CEO of the Year [CTA]
- City and County Denver is looking for nominations for their 2013 Biz Plan Awards [CTA]
- A few smart Aussies figure out how to fit 1PB on a DVD [The Conversation]
- Google Reader alternative, Feedly, gets web access just in time! [The Next Web]
- XBox One backs off from constant internet connection requirement and DRM plans [Game On]
Thank you for reading!
If know of any other good news stories or sources about tech in Colorado, please let me know! Also if you attend any of the events listed, I would love to hear from you!
The government is in your social media. Get an abert squirrel shirt for supporting Black Forest Fire victims. Dish misses out on Sprint. CTA promotes entreprenuership. Colorado IT gals rock. I learn some cloud computing. Apple brings iOS7. Microsoft brings the games. Sony pulls no punches. Warp speed may be possible, or may be a broken link.
This is my first of what I hope will be many posts about technology news with a Colorado focus. I will attempt to pick 10 news articles for the week that best reflect Colorado tech news.
Colorado’s own Senator Udall speaks up against government metadata surveillance
Indiegogo project set up to support Black Forest Fire victims
Sprint rejects proposal from Colorado’s Dish Network
CTA announces fellowship for Founding Institute
Congratulations to KidsTek Scholarship Winner, Essense Benson
My head ends up in the clouds thanks to CTA event
Apple unveils iOS 7 for iPhones and iPads
Sony and Microsoft battle for gamers at E3
Warp speed may be possible
Tech companies release some government surveillance info
Thank you for reading!
If you’re still reading at this point, I admire your intelligence. If know of any other good news stories or sources about tech in Colorado, please let me know!