Colorado Tech Weekly brings you the top 10 technology stories of the past week and the best upcoming local tech events every Monday morning!
Everyone says they want Amazon’s second headquarters to be in Colorado. I admit, it’s a cool idea but I wonder if it’s a good idea. I am wondering a lot of things today, mainly because I overexerted myself last week and I’m super tired, but the question still lingers in my head. What kind of effect would having a large Amazon campus in Colorado have on our tech community? Or a more fun question to consider would be, “What kind of effect would our inclusive tech community have on Amazon?” I think I like considering that question more.
Pro-tip: Don’t renovate a third of your house in 4 days while taking online senior-level college courses and working a more than full-time, high-stress job while managing contract work and a job search. It’s not healthy.
Have a great week!
Top Colorado Technology News
- California GPS tech company, Trimble, plans big new Westminster building [DBJ]
- Golden-based HomeAdvisor completes purchase of Angie’s List, goes public, grows 33 percent in a day [DenverPost]
- Feds clear CenturyLink to buy Broomfield’s Level 3, but with conditions to keep internet competitive [DenverPost]
- All Colorado Congress members to Jeff Bezos: Build Amazon HQ2 here [DBJ]
- Colorado Springs-based Rim Technologies Partners with Denver’s SecureSet Academy for cybersecurity Education and hiring [RimTech]
- Colorado loses a corporate headquarters and a satellite imaging pioneer as Westminster-based DigitalGlobe is purchased [DenverPost]
- Opportunity awaits: 7 Colorado tech companies hiring top talent now [BuiltinColorado]
- Colorado Technology Association adds four new members to board [InnovatioNews]
- Big month for big hires: 6 Colorado tech companies welcome new leaders this September [BuiltinColorado]
- Denver Startup Week 2017 hit record attendance (again) [DenverPost]
Top Upcoming Events
- 10/11 – Boulder Ruby Group – Monthly Presentation Night
- 10/11 – Denver Java Users Group – Lightning Talks!
- 10/11 – Denver R User Group – Lightning Talks
- 10/11 – DTC Go (Programming Language) Meetup – Programming Challenges?
- 10/14 – CiGDA – Halloween Social
- 10/15 – Boulder Blockchain Meetup – Kevin Owocki presenting Gitcoin
- 10/17 – Angular Boulder – Web Service Workers for Mobile and Angular (by Jesse Sanders)
- 10/17 – ReactJS Denver – Browsers Behind the Scenes and Offline Only Websites
Thank you for reading!
If you know of any other good news stories or sources about tech in Colorado or if you have any news stories or opinions of your own about Colorado tech, email me at COTechWeekly@Gmail.com.