- Frameworks: Android, Arduino, Bootstrap, Meteor, Rails, Unity3D, WordPress
- Other: Git, MVC, OOP, RESTful APIs, TDD, Linux, Windows, Atom, Sublime, SourceTree, NetBeans, Visual Studio
- Trespass Notice Web App: Uses Bootstrap, Ruby and Rails
- Warrantless Arrest and Probable Cause Form: Uses VisualBasic in Microsoft Word
- Pebble Time Avalanche Watchface: Written in C
- Follow Sweeper: Uses Ruby and the Twitter API
- Hackathons: GoCodeColorado 2015, Pebble Rocks Hackathon 2015
(Current Position) Technology Blogger
Colorado Tech Weekly, May 2013-Present
- Over 225 consecutive weeks learning about the Colorado technology community.
- Listed as a “Person to Follow” by BuiltinColorado.com.
(Current Position) Author Assistant (Contract)
Marie Trout, October 2013-Present
- I started working with Marie by transcribing recorded interviews she was using to write her dissertation. Marie enjoyed working with me so she has continued to contact me for extra help to turn her dissertation into a self-published book.
- Additional services I’ve done for Marie have been: interview analyst, editor, book formatting, e-book publishing, Amazon services navigator, WordPress web developer for marietrout.com.
(Current Full-Time Position) Police Dispatcher
Englewood Police Department, October 2005-Present
- Primary responsibility is to receive and dispatch calls for police, fire, EMS and animal control.
- Created a document using Visual Basic to improve officer efficiency.
- Created a web app to manage trespass notices.
Non-profit Founding President
Mountain Edge Skating Club, October 2012-May 2013
- As the founding president, it was my responsibility to set up the club to follow US Figure Skating regulations.
- I was involved in the creation and management of the non-profit board.
- I created policies for management of the skating club.
Blue Spruce Inventory, July 2010-December 2012
- I created Blue Spruce Inventory to help people have the information they need to file police reports and make insurance claims.
- As a sole proprietor, I was responsible for all aspects of the business.
- I created a database app in Microsoft Access to create reports for clients about their belongings.
Lead Dispatch Trainer
Belmar Security, May 2004-October 2005
- Created reports and procedures to notify the client of the information they needed.
- Trained officers, dispatchers and watch commanders on computerized report system.
Twin City Security, August 2002-May 2004
- Monitored and patrolled various properties, enforcing rules and observing and recording any unusual activities.
- Evaluated security officers’ performance and compliance with company policies monthly.
- Supported supervisors and officers in the field as a dispatcher.
Small Computer Systems Specialist
U.S. Marine Corps, July 1998 – July 2002
- Responsible for the maintenance and support of 150 pieces of computer equipment.
- Supported over 50 users as the sole Help Desk Technician for my department.
- Received a Certificate of Commendation for exemplary performance.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science
Regis University College of Computer & Information Sciences, June 2013-Present
- I am focusing on software development and related methodologies.
- Estimated graduation spring of 2018.
- 3.67 GPA.
Small Business Management Certificate
Arapahoe Community College, 2009-2011
- Enrolled in order to learn how to run my own business.
Associate’s Degree in Software Engineering
Westwood College of Technology, 2003-2004
- Alpha Beta Kappa Membership awarded for the willingness to go the extra distance necessary to achieve academic excellence.
- Dean’s List awarded for 5 terms for academic excellence.
- Honor Roll student with at 3.79 GPA.
Entry Level Small Computer Systems Specialist Certification
Marine Corps Communications – Electronics School, 1999
- Ranked 5th out of 30 students with a 99% overall score.